Ilasiea Gray is a multi-talented actress residing in Denver, CO. She has a BFA in Theatre, Film & Television and enjoys performing in all these mediums as well as educational/call-to-action performances. She is currently touring Black. With a Capital B. (Fall 2017) and is looking forward to playing Bunny in Detroit ’67 (January 2018), both with Curious Theatre Company. Ilasiea has a passion for theatre for children, and had a blast doing a 3 month run of The Jungle Book at the Denver Children’s Theater this spring. She has also done several school tours, including a full-time two show tour with Kaiser Permanente’s Theatre Education Program where she toured all across Colorado. Ilasiea enjoys educational performance for adults as well, and is a role-play actor for Law Enforcement training, and a Standardized Patient Educator/Performer for medical students. Notable theatre credits include: Margalo in Stuart Little, Denver Center Theatre Company’s world premiere of black odyssey, Evil Tina in She Kills Monsters, Keisha Cameron in A Song for Coretta, Lily St. Regis in Annie, and Felicia Dantine in I Hate Hamlet. Commercial credits include Conoco, Furniture Row, and the U.S. Army.
In addition to acting, Ilasiea loves working with kids and is a kid’s acting coach / children’s theatre director. Teaching credits include: Core Teaching Artist DCPA Education; Senior Director KidStage; Kids On Camera Commercial Workshops Various Companies in CO, Assistant to New Mexico Casting Director Kathryn Brink with Kids Denver On-Camera Workshop; Camp Instructor Denver School Of the Arts. She also owns her own company Acting Jam, where she coaches young actors and provides classes for all skill levels. She is proud to say that one of her former students currently stars on Fuller House. Feel free to contact Ilasiea if you have a young actor interested in coaching / classes!
Casting is another area Ilasiea thoroughly enjoys and has been working in for several years. She is a Casting Associate for Sylvia Gregory Casting and has cast for LOCAL Theatre Company in Boulder, CO. Casting credits include feature films, commercials, industrials and theatre. The world premier musical she cast, Uncle Jed’s Barbershop, received a 2016 Henry Award nomination. Ilasiea thrives off of being able to work in the wonderful fields she loves. She is a well-rounded, versatile performer and plans to continue working hard and pursuing all great opportunities that come her way.
**PLEASE SEE “UPCOMING” TAB FOR MORE DETAILS ON UPCOMING PERFORMANCES**
- Detroit ’67 (Curious Theatre Company) – January 11 – February 24, 2018 https://www.curioustheatre.org/event/detroit-67/
- Black. With A Capital B. (Curious Theatre Company) – Touring Fall 2017 – Kicks off August 12 @ Redline Art Gallery
- White Rabbit Red Rabbit (Pipeline Productions) – August 19, 2017 @2pm
- Last Night and the Night Before (DCPA Workshop) – July 21, 2017
- The Jungle Book (Denver Children’s Theater) – Running March 9 – May 5, 2017 http://maccjcc.org/denver-childrens-theatre/dct/
- Black. With a Capital B. (Curious Theatre Company/DPS Partnership) – April 2017 @ Manual High School, May 2017 @ East High School, June 2017 @ Curious